Monday, October 01, 2007

I Think I'll Try Defying Gravity

I miss listening to her sing in the car.

I spoke with Heather this past weekend. I started complaining about my feelings for Delilah: "I hate the fact that there's someone out there that can completely shake-up my life."

Heather responded: There's a lot of things you can do in life, Charlie, but it's what you choose to do that defines you. If you let her mess up your life, that's your choice.

Timshel all over again. Heather is a great friend, but damn, she's smart too.

This is my life, and I'm choosing to dwell in the past rather than moving on. I don't think I'll ever be as enamored with anyone as much as I was with Delilah, but then again, we live in an Uncertain World.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather is indeed hella smart.

I'm ashamed that my interaction with you has recently been characterized by me regurgitating an off-topic mis-quote, after another off-topic mis-quote, but Heather's comments made me think of this sentiment by Eleanor Roosevelt.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

This doesn't fit our situation exactly. But I think you get the point, as well.

-B