Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life Choices...

In every life we much choose between the following two philosophies as presented in the following quotes:

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” - Ayn Rand (John Galt's Oath from Atlas Shrugged)

Vs.

"Then I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry and human thought and belief have to impart: The salvation of man is through love and in love. I understood how a man who has nothing left in this world may still know bliss, be it only for a brief moment, in the contemplation of his beloved." - Victor Frankl (Sharing how he survived Auschwitz from Man's Search for Meaning)


...

I don't think Ayn Rand knew what she was missing.

1 comment:

Beef said...

I think those make for really astute bookends.