Thursday, September 09, 2010

My Dad's Office Quote

My Dad had the following hand-written quote (written by himself) framed in his office when he was a practicing physician:

"Creative thinking will also be blocked quite successfully by such factors as mental and physical exhaustion, petty irritations, noise, worry over domestic or financial matters, depression, anger or working under pressure. The Scientist must learn to design his whole way of life in such a manner as to protect himself against such sterilizing influences or he will not be able to succeed in his work, no matter how great his special talents may be."

- Hans Selye (a Dr. that studied the symptoms and coined the word we now commonly know as "stress")

I'm not sure 100% why, but it makes me proud that it's now sitting on my desk at home.

No comments: